The Hawthorn Building – A History

The North Entrance

North Entrance

North Entrance

These doors are the entrance to the North Wing, completed in 1938-39 and the final phase in the completion of the Hawthorn. The distinctive copper panels were by Percy Brown in 1937 and show the tools used in art, crafts, technology and science taught in the building. Percy Brown was Lecturer in Sculpture at the Leicester College of Art, 1935 – 1946 (picture by Briony Latter).

Bookmark the permalink.