The Hawthorn Building – A History

The Hawthorn Site, Pre 1897

The Hawthorn Site, pre 1897

The Hawthorn Site, pre 1897

This view is of what is now the East and North Entrances, it is not known for certain what the building in the picture was used for, perhaps an asylum. It faces the Trinity Chapel on The Newarke. The land was sold by the estate of Edward Shipley Ellis to the City for £7,500 (picture courtesy of DMU Archives).

Bookmark the permalink.